There are all these great food related events going on. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s fantastic and right up my alley. But I feel like they’re neglecting a group of the population, a group that M is a part of – vegetarians.
Exhibit A - The Chefs Consortium Dinner at Bannerman Island Castle:
- Chilled corn and crab bisque with tarragon crème fraiche
- Northwind Farms turkey ballotine with pipian sauce, corn and butternut squash salsa
Exhibit B - 100-point Beer Dinner at Mcgreivey’s:
- Jamaican oxtail stew with butter beans and fried plantains
- Crab cocktail with mango sabayon over Bibb lettuce
- Chicken Etoufee with fried oysters and dirty rice
And then there are the wild game dinners, Baconfest, I’m sure this “Taste of Elegance” thing coming up will be more of the same. And don’t even get me started on our eating situation when we attempt to go out.
Plenty of things for me to devour, but hardly anything for M. And before I would ignore it, and just think, “oh well, that means more for me!” But that’s selfish thinking.
Well I’m taking a stand. More vegetarian friendly dinners! Show our veggie loving friends that they too can come to the dinner table… and have some really awesome beers paired with it.
Vegetarian dinner with beer pairings.
Someone. Please. Make this happen. And if you do, I’ll be first on line.